Bamboo is a grass that is harvested and distilled into cellulose that is then spun into the yarn.
Positive Things about Bamboo Yarn
- Bamboo is a renewable resource, Bamboo can be harvested without killing the plant, and it only takes a few months before the plant is ready to be harvested again. That makes it an environmentally friendly choice.
- Bamboo yarn, when not mixed with unnatural fibers, is biodegradable.
- Bamboo yarn is often dyed with more natural dyes that are safer for the environment.
- Bamboo fabric is naturally antibacterial.
- Bamboo also has ultra-violet protective properties.
- Fabric knitted with bamboo is quite breathable and cool and has great drape.
- Bamboo has a good luster, similar to mercerized cotton .
- Bamboo is strong, flexible, and can be softer than silk when spun into yarn.
There are many reasons to choose bamboo:
- Bamboo yarn can hold up to 3x its weight in water making it an excellent wicking mate ideal for summer clothing.
- Bamboo yarn is also thermo-regulating so not only will it work to keep you cool in summer, it will work just as hard to keep you warm in winter.
- It is hypoallergenic, making it ideal to use for baby items or for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Bamboo yarn offers UV properties when used in garments.
- It is extremely soft and comfortable against the skin
- Bamboo yarn is totally plant derived so it's suitable for vegans who do not want to wear animal fibers.
- If using 100% pure bamboo yarn, it is biodegradable.
100% Bamboo 200g Cone
Col. Denim Grey
Col. Cool Blue
Col. Light Cerise
Col. Light Orange
Col. Light Pink